LOR with nfsclient "sillyrename"

Jeremiah Lott jlott at averesystems.com
Fri Jul 29 16:47:01 UTC 2011

On Jul 22, 2011, at 5:11 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:

> Please try the attached patch (which is also at):
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/oldsilly.patch
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/newsilly.patch
> (for the old and new clients in -current, respectively)
>
> - I think oldsilly.patch should apply to the 7.n kernel
>  sources, although you might have to do the edit by hand?

It applied with minimal futzing.

> Please let me know how testing goes with it, rick

Unfortunately we've never reproduced the original problem in the lab.  Only in the field under heavy stress.  I did build a kernel with the patch and run it under some of our tests, it seems to work correctly.  We'll continue to test it, but I wanted to give you an update.  Thanks a lot for your help.

  Jeremiah Lott
  Avere Systems