Clarification request about mesh_parse_meshpeering_action()

Monthadar Al Jaberi monthadar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:10:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I hope someone can explain to me the following:

in ieee80211_mesh.c in function mesh_parse_meshpeering_action().
The last argument uint8_t subtype is supposed to tell the type of Mesh
Peer Managment Action frame.

The weird thing is that inside the function subtype is checked if it
is equal to IEEE80211_MESH_PEER_LINK_CLOSE and a bit lower in the code
it is checked if it is not equal to
IEEE80211_ACTION_MESHPEERING_CLOSE.

These two enums represent two different things. One is an
InformationElement while the other is an Action Frame that contains
Information elements.

How come?

br,
//Monthadar Al Jaberi