Repeating kernel panic within dummynet

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Mon Jul 11 11:51:50 UTC 2011

11.07.2011 18:45, Vlad Galu пишет:

> On Jul 11, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> My FreeBSD 8.2/amd64 routers use dummynet heavily
>> and keep panic with the *same* KDB backtrace:
>>
>> dummynet: bad switch -256!

Forgot to mention that I use io_fast dummynet mode
and have increased pipe lengths:

net.inet.ip.dummynet.pipe_slot_limit=1000
net.inet.ip.dummynet.io_fast=1

Distinct pipes do really use long lengths.

>> Sadly, I cannot add options INVARIANTS to the kernel because it makes my mpd-based
>> routers to panic very often (every 2-3 hours) due to famous 'dangling pointer'
>> problem - PPPoE user disconnects, its ngXXX interface got removed, then its traffic
>> goes out various system queues (netisr, dummynet etc.) and another kind of panic
>> occurs due to INVARIANTS' references to non-existent ifp.
>
> Hi Eugene,
> If your ISR threads aren't already bound to CPUs, you can bind them and try using INVARIANTS.

Please explain how to bind them. I have 4-core boxes with 4 NICs grouped to 2 laggs,
one lagg(4) for uplink and another one for downlink.

Eugene Grosbein