20+ year old #ifdef notyet in tcp_output.c

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Sat Jul 2 13:02:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,

In tcp_output.c we have
> #ifdef notyet
> extern struct mbuf *m_copypack();
> #endif
and some time later,
> #ifdef notyet
> 		if ((m = m_copypack(so->so_snd.sb_mb, off,
> 		    (int)len, max_linkhdr + hdrlen)) == 0) {
> 			SOCKBUF_UNLOCK(&so->so_snd);
> 			error = ENOBUFS;
> 			goto out;
> 		}
> 		/*
> 		 * m_copypack left space for our hdr; use it.
> 		 */
> 		m->m_len += hdrlen;
> 		m->m_data -= hdrlen;
> #else
> [snip packet data copying code]
> #endif /* notyet */

These have been around since CVS revision 1.1; going further back, I find this
in "@(#)tcp_output.c        7.22 (Berkeley) 8/31/90" from 4.3BSD Net/2.

Can we agree that this particular notyet isn't going to happen?  I'd like to
remove these lines.

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve