Slow Intel 10GbE CX4 adapter behaviour

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Wed Feb 9 09:37:06 UTC 2011

Problem solved, I'm so embarrassed :) The issue on 7.2 mentioned above
with ixgbe (tons of "fragmentation failed" errors) was real. The issue
in 8.3-RC3 was because dummynet wasn't being loaded at all... so no
traffic could pass on it, despite dummynet_load="YES" being set in
/boot/loader.conf. So I turned it on in /etc/rc.conf :
dummynet_enable="YES" and loaded it "kldload dummynet" in order to do
without a reboot. Works like a charm so far. Thanks to all!