Panic in the udp_input() under heavy load

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 30 19:48:36 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 11:24 PM, Robert N. M. Watson wrote:
>>> There was recently a commit to fix a race condition in 10-CURRENT which

>> >  Thank you for the tip. I will give it a try and see what happens. So far, after installing that trap we have not seen any panics yet. I have not checked logs yet if my trap actually has catch anything or not.
> Do we know if this fix has been merged to stable/9 and releng/9.0? Given multiple reports of instability without it, I think we would be well-served to merge it at this point.

Hey Robert, sorry to bother you again, but can you at least point me
towards specific SVN revisions that I need to get merged? I tried to
google it and also browsed my svn history for the last 4 months using
keyword "sockets", but nothing came up. This fix is critical for any
system that does lot of fault-ctitical networking, and FreeBSD has
always been solid in this regard. It saved us at least 10-15 crashes
across 5 machines in the last month.

Thanks!

-Maxim