IPv6 not responding on some aliases (recent 8-stable)

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Fri Dec 30 14:59:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 09:17:09AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> >> Talk to ywhomever is providing in front of you to
> >> 1) either relax nd6 table limits or
> >> 2) to route a /64 to your host to only have 1 entry in the neighbour table.
> >>
> >> That's most likely the problem given my crystal ball and experience.
> >
> > Thank you for insightful analysis!
> > Seems like this provider has some significant IPv6 takeup, which is
> > good news - sorry for hassle, but problems started after upgrade.
> >
> > I'll talk to my upstream then, thanks!
>
> Please let us know of the results, especially if my crystal ball was wrong.

I have seen this behavior before when one of the addresses on an interface is in a DMZ while the others are not. But this was with IPv4. I would assume IPv6 would have acted the same way but left it untested as it was not critical. Take this as informational only and double check your switches, firewalls, etc...

--
;s =;