vlan without ip address

saeedeh motlagh saeedeh.motlagh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 06:38:46 UTC 2011

thankyou every body for your attention. yes bridging is done without ip
address. i try to use all the point which is mentioned here but my problem
is not solved yet.
you know i have three freebsd box. i wanna to config the intermediate one
as switch and two others as vlan member. i want to have just one vlan and
configure this vlan just on the switch (as a cisco switch) and two other
systems which are the member of this vlan, can ping each other. is it
possible? how?

the most important point for me is that i don't want to do any vlan
configuration on the vlan members. i want just configure switch system to
do it. in a real switch, we just define a vlan on the ports without any
configuration on the systems which are connected to these ports. i exactly
want to do this by a freebsd system as a switch. please tell me if it is
possible or not.
thank you so much