vlan without ip address

saeedeh motlagh saeedeh.motlagh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:53:12 UTC 2011

you're right but we can't assign tow parent interface to one vlan in
freebsd therefore i define two vlans with the one vlan id.
although we can do it by blow command but it's not work too:
ifconfig gbeth0.10 create
ifconfig msk0.10 create
ifconfig
gbeth0.10: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
    options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
    ether 00:27:0e:03:4b:2f
    media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
    status: active
    vlan: 10 parent interface: gbeth0
msk0.10: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
    options=100<TSO4>
    ether 00:30:4f:63:5a:bc
    media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
    status: active
    vlan: 10 parent interface: msk0

you know when i define vlans with ip addressess they work as i expected but
i want to know if i can define vlan without ip address as the switch
beacuse i wanna configure a freebsd box as a real switch in my network.
maybe it's impossible to do that :(