(no subject)

saeedeh motlagh saeedeh.motlagh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 08:41:38 UTC 2011

hi every body

i wanna configure a freebsd box as a switch. in order to do that, i bridged
all my interfaces to have switching and it works fine. after that i want to
have vlans on it. as you know, in a real switch, a vlan is configured just
by assigning a port to it without any additional configuration and vlans
are submitted just by name. but in freebsd a vlan just works when it has an
ip address (i think). when i define vlan121 on two freebsd systems with ip
address it works fine but without ip address i don't know how it should be
worked.

can sombody tell me if it is possible to simulate vlans in freebsd as they
are in a real switch? i mean can we have vlans without ip addresses which
works fine? maybe some kind of vlan which works by MAc address. is it
possible?
it's so necessary for me to do that:(

yours,
motlagh