No IPv4 support ("IPv6-only") 9.0-RC3 snapshots

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 15 02:45:18 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I had built 9.0-RC3 snapshots without IPv4 support (formerly known as "IPv6-only", but as we still support IPX, IPv6-only is not quite right so they are called "noinet" now related to the INET kernel config option we disable)  earlier last week.

Please see http://www.freebsd.org/ipv6/ and http://wiki.freebsd.org/IPv6Only for more information.

The NYI (US east coast) and DE (Europe) mirror provide the snapshots already (and I assume Asia will follow):
http://noinet.nyi.freebsd.org/snapshots/noinet-snapshot-9.0-RC3/
http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/ipv6only/

As you can see the primary mirror is now at NYI and I'd like to thank the people who have generously provided the hardware to build and constantly provide snapshots and allow to continue the project and expand in the future.

Please try and feel free to report problems or send patches to me;)

Best Regards,
Bjoern

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!