FreeBSD 8 as an IPv6 router

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 13 07:56:25 UTC 2011

"Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote
  in <2CECE1B6-98B6-4219-BDD7-220F83CAEC36 at gsoft.com.au>:

do> Hi,
do> I have a FreeBSD 8 machine that is my router and I previously had IPv6
do> working. ie it gave out RTADV messages and clients (Windows 7, OSX &
do> Ubuntu) got public IPv6 addresses based on the advertised prefix.
do>
do> At some stage in the last few months something changed with the
do> clients (I haven't updated the base, but ports have been) and they no
do> longer seem to accept those messages. (I am guessing somewhat here).
do>
do> I am running rtadvd with an empty configuration, and I get my IPv6
do> range by using dhcp6c from my ISP which I connect to via PPPoE using
do> PPP.

 Can you see any change in the clients if you put the following line
 into /etc/rtadvd.conf on the IPv6 router?

 eth0:	:addr="2001:44b8:191:2e01::":prefixlen#64:

-- Hiroki