Card PCIe NC375T not recognized

YongHyeon PYUN pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:20:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 03:36:25PM +0100, Samuel REMOUE wrote:
> (Sorry for my english) Hello,
> I'm new on FreeBSD OS and am trying to deploy servers.
> I have a concern: HP NC375T NIC (HP NC375T PCI Express Quad Port
> Gigabit Server Adapter) is not recognized, the drivers from HP are
> available here (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4038767&lang=fr&cc=fr&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=4038765&taskId=135).
> This is a QLogic / NetXen NX3031-based card.
> If possible, can someone give me the steps to follow to integrate
> drivers that are suitable into my install ? Thank you in advance.

NetXen, now QLogic, NX3301 is intelligent controller with many
offloading features.  This type of controller requires a special
firmware so we need vendor's support for FreeBSD to solve firmware
licensing issue.  Writing a driver for this controller will also
need detailed data sheet and firmware interface that should be used
in driver.  Even though vendor released a Linux driver, it's not
enough to write a driver.
I don't have any contact point for QLogic and I don't know whether
the vendor is willing to support FreeBSD community.
Your best bet at this moment would be poking QLogic to release
FreeBSD driver.