the return value of sctp_connectx do not match any error

jyl_2006 yilinjing2006 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:54:47 UTC 2011

First, I use the return value of sctp_connectx, and I do not use errno, so
the return value does not match the errors gived in manual. Now,I know it is
my mistake.

However, I write a simple program to test sctp_connectx, it still show
error.The errno is "EINVAL", I am sure that the paraments are set properly.

One more thing, I also test these programs in other platform, the result is
OK, but under FreeBSD, it does not work.

/*Here are programs.*/

#include <sys/errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netinet/sctp.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#define PORT 63000
#define MTU  1500

int main()
{
	int _listenfd, _sctp_socket, _connfd;
	struct sockaddr_in servaddr;
	int ret, msg_flag;
	char message[MTU];
	struct sctp_sndrcvinfo sndrcvinfo;

	_sctp_socket = socket( AF_INET , SOCK_SEQPACKET , IPPROTO_SCTP );

	bzero( (void *)&servaddr, sizeof(servaddr) );
	servaddr.sin_family = AF_INET;
	servaddr.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl( INADDR_ANY );
	servaddr.sin_port = htons(PORT);

	ret = bind(_sctp_socket, (struct sockaddr *)&servaddr, sizeof(servaddr));
	if( ret )
	{
		printf("Server bind error" );
	}

	_listenfd= listen(_sctp_socket, 10);
	if(0 != _listenfd)
	{
		printf("Server listen error" );
	}

	ret = sctp_recvmsg(_sctp_socket, (void *)message , MTU, NULL, 0 ,
&sndrcvinfo , &msg_flag);
	if(ret >= 0)
	{
		printf("Receive message:%s", message);
	}
}

#include <sys/errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netinet/sctp.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#define PORT 63000

int main()
{
	int _sctp_socket, _sctp_associd, ret;
	_sctp_socket = socket( AF_INET , SOCK_SEQPACKET , IPPROTO_SCTP );

	struct sockaddr_in server_ipaddress;
	server_ipaddress . sin_family = AF_INET;
	server_ipaddress . sin_port = htons(PORT);
	server_ipaddress . sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr("127.0.0.1");

	ret = sctp_connectx(_sctp_socket , (struct sockaddr*) &server_ipaddress ,
1, &_sctp_associd);
        if( ret < 0)
        {
		printf("sctp_connectx error");