new CARP implementation

David Duchscher daved at tamu.edu
Sun Aug 14 01:01:07 UTC 2011

My two cents.

We rely on the arp load balance feature.  We certainly don't find it useless.  Looking at ip load balancing, it would also mean that we would no longer be able to grow bandwidth with additional systems since all boxes must receive all traffic. I only humbling ask that some sort of load balancing feature be included when this goes live.

--
DaveD