em driver support for Intel 82579LM still buggy in FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1

Tomas Svensson tomas at tutus.se
Wed Aug 10 14:04:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I sent a pr (kern/157418) that the em driver seems to be buggy for Intel
82579LM Gigabit Network Connection which passed unnoticed. I now tried
it in FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1 and the problem is still present.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it? I
assume that the initialization code for this chip is buggy, since the
driver locks up depending on if you build it with debug symbols or not.
The kernel also reports 'acquiring duplicate lock of same type: "network
driver"' only for this chip.

-Tomas