Problem using CARP + HAST ...

Ferdinand Goldmann ferdinand.goldmann at jku.at
Wed Aug 10 12:07:12 UTC 2011

On 10.08.2011, at 7:48, Mikolaj Golub wrote:

> What freebsd are you running on? I suppose it is release, because on STABLE
> this issue should be fixed -- the secondary terminates after timeout.

I was running 8.2-RELEASE-p2 and now just upgraded to 8.2-STABLE. This really seems
to have helped: The slave now times out without intervention, allowing himself
to become the new master. Once the (old) master is online again, it will take over
from the slave.
The split-brain problem then of course has to be resolved manually as described in the manual.
But as I am using mostly static data and - most likely - no changes will occur as long as the
slave is master, this is not a big deal.

Thanks for your advice & best regards,
Ferdinand