Multiple gateways support

Eir Nym eirnym at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:08:18 UTC 2011

On 1 April 2011 21:27, Baginski Darren <kickbsd at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could please someone tell me about current state of multiple gw capabilities of FreeBSD?
> I have dual homed FreeBSD box, one interface ISP1 another ISP2 :
> 1) can I balance outgoing traffic across them ?
> 2) Is there support of any kind dead gateway detection?
> 3) Can I install multiple routes to the same network (with same and with different wight)? If yes how it behaves with one link failure, in particular if interface is down?
>
> Thank you!

about multiply GWs: you can set multiply gw via setfib(1) utility and
use fib in your firewall rules. But it is not very handy with DHCP and
rc(8) (setfib is located in /usr/bin and can't be used in /etc/rc.d).
Due to this I have to add another FreeBSD box to handle dynamic
routes.

This is the one thing I know which can I do in linux easily and in
freebsd with hacks.