ifa_add_loopback_route: insertion failed with ifconfig wlan0 up

Dominique Goncalves dominique.goncalves at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:06:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE on soekris net4801 with Atheros
9280 (mini pci card) as an access point using hostapd, so far it works
. Sometimes I need to disable wireless with ifconfig wlan0 down but
each times I run ifconfig wlan0 up, the kernel produces this error

ifa_add_loopback_route: insertion failed

is this a problem ? or maybe there is a better way to disable/enable wireless ?

TIA,
Regards.