Routing enhancement - reduce routing table locking

Li, Qing qing.li at bluecoat.com
Tue Apr 5 15:55:30 UTC 2011

kern/155772 can be resolved using RADIX_MPATH.

> regarding kern/155772:
> at stock 8.2 FreeBSD the system panics after ifconfig down / ifconfig up /
> ifconfig down with 1 route and 1 interface route (multipath).

  What's the exact step and a specific example that triggers a panic ?

> Also there are problems with arp, due wrong multipath route selection
> (if the decision is already made that the route should go the direct way,
>  the route and not the interface route is choosen, depends on which route
>  was first in the tree).

  I am not quite getting what you are saying about.  What do you mean when
  you say:" .. the route should go the direct way, the route and not the interface route ..."

  What is the "route" that "goes the direct way" ?

> And finally, there are problems when adding / deleteing routes.
>
> example that does not work:
> ifconfig em0 192.168.0.1/24
> ifconfig em1 10.0.0.1/24
> route add 10.0.0.0/24 192.168.0.2

  What doesn't work ?  The add or the delete operation?
  I can add and delete the 10.0.0.0/24 route fine on my system.

-- Qing