Extending dummynet/ipfw

Paul Joe apauljoe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:48:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have attached a patch which allows to do flow classifications in userland
(e.g based on url categories, LDAP users)
and do bandwidth control in kernel(dummynet).

The patch has

a) a setsocketopt, to associate a pipe to the socket.

b) an ipfw option(sockarg) to redirect flows to corresponding pipe.

Moreover, a member uint32_t is added to struct socket to hold the pipe info.

I guess this structure is not part of kernel userland ABI.

Please let me know your comments, which I would be glad to incorporate

Thanks,
Joe.