bce(4) un hiding adapter info

David Christensen davidch at broadcom.com
Thu Sep 23 17:50:44 UTC 2010

> Would it be possible to unhide the output of bce_print_adapter_info()
> from under boot verbose?
>
> This information is useful for comparing firmware and card versions
> between machines.
>
> Alternatively what about adding a sysctl under dev.bce.X for this info?

I have no problem doing that, just not sure that everyone would
appreciate the spew.  I like it for exactly the same reason,
troubleshooting remote systems.

What I'd really like to do is revamp the debug code so that it
can be enabled/disabled on the fly rather than requiring that
the driver be compiled.  Adding some performance stuff would
be awesome as well.

Dave