em driver problem on vmware

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 08:40:49 UTC 2010

Uh, the emulated device in vmware is an OLD 82543 or something like that
right?
So, the e1000 driver in 8.1 is split into two parts, em and lem, its lem
that has
all the old pci support, so if you only pulled if_em then  you dont have
that code.

Sounds like maybe you should just install 8.1 on your guest and avoid these
kinds of problems.

Regards,

Jack