FreeBSD analog of net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Wed Oct 27 11:22:01 UTC 2010

On 10/27/2010 12:49 PM, Antonio Kless wrote:
> *net.inet.tcp.finwait2_timeout* is what I search for, thank you!
>

> What is net.inet.tcp.fast_finwait2_recycle=1 ?

Please do *not* toppost :)
man 4 tcp
     fast_finwait2_recycle
                        Recycle TCP FIN_WAIT_2 connections faster when the
                        socket is marked as SBS_CANTRCVMORE (no user process
                        has the socket open, data received on the socket
can-
                        not be read).  The timeout used here is
                        finwait2_timeout.
> 2010/10/27 Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru>
>

>> Hello!
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:49:47AM +0400, Antonio Kless wrote:
>>

>>> There is *net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout* in Linux sysctl. It set up timeout of
>>> TCP connection to stay in FIN_WAIT2 state. Is there something like that
>>>
>> in
>>
>>> FreeBSD?
>>>
>> net.inet.tcp.fast_finwait2_recycle=1
>> net.inet.tcp.finwait2_timeout=30000
>>
>> Maxim Dounin

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.