driver for broadcom 57711E

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:22:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 07:30:19PM +0200, Christoph Weber-Fahr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 07.10.2010 09:07, Дмитрий Александров wrote:
> >  Hi! I really need broadcom 57711E driver for my FreeBSD 8.0 i386.
> > Does anybody have this driver already?
> >
> > P.S. Also wanted David Christensen who had previously tried to write a driver.
>
> LOL. Welcome to the club :-)
>
> ( Though I'm afraid David, or Broadcomm, respectively, are incommunicado
> on this particular issue. )
>
> Let us know if you hear something different.

Actually David is very responsive but I think he is somewhat busy
for other work. For example, I had been working with David to
support next generation Broadcom controller that would be widely
available in next year.
Personally I haven't have chance to try bnx(4) which was written
by David to support BCM57710/57711/57711E controllers so I don't
know how well it works. As David said long time ago, one of issue
was testing wide variety of PHYs used in controller such that it
made hard to release the driver.
David, would you clarify current status of bnx(4)?