Monitor mode not working for iwi(4) on 7.X

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 8 09:16:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 12:44:20PM +0000, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 10/7/10, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > finding where the regression happened - eg, which revision along the
> > 6.x/head branch at the time caused the issue, would likely help
> > Bernard very much..

Certainly, if my resources would permit, I'd bisect to offending
revision(s) myself.  However, I'm away from home right now, with just my
laptop with me with no free space to host another FreeBSD installation.

> Also, exact instructions how to reproduce problem would help.

That's easy:
# aireplay-ng -9 iwi0  ;-)

> Monitor and injection work commpletly different after vap.
>
> I do not think that kismet and aircrack-ng from ports are patched at all.

This is at least partially true; SVN trunk of aircrack-ng behaves better
than 1.1 version from ports (WRT infamous wi_write() problem).  I will
work out patches for the port after kernel side will get fixed.

./danfe