em driver, 82574L chip, and possibly ASPM

Joel Dahl joel at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 23 14:17:47 UTC 2010

On 23-11-2010 13:47, Ivan Voras wrote:
> It looks like I'm unfortunate enough to have to deploy on a machine
> which has the 82574L Intel NIC chip on a Supermicro X8SIE-F board, which
> apparently has hardware issues, according to this thread:

I have a Supermicro X7SPE-HF board with two onboard Intel 82574L nics
and I see the same thing.  The nics seem to "die" if I push enough data
through them and the only way to recover is to reboot.  I noticed this a few
days ago and I haven't had any time to investigate more, so I guess this
is just a "me too"...

--
Joel