request for MFC of em/igb drivers

Chris Peiffer bsdlists at cabstand.com
Wed Nov 17 07:15:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been watching the traffic here over the last few months relating
to the em and igb Intel ethernet drivers. It seems like there's a big
consensus that HEAD has some good new fixes.

Looking at this:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/e1000/if_em.c

There's a pretty big commit to HEAD in rev 1.58 on Sep 27 that's
marked "MFC: a week" but it doesn't look like anything's been MFC'd
since. (And several other revisions that look more experimental have
since gone into HEAD.)

We've been seeing some weird issues with em devices under high load
and if these changes in 1.58 are ready for STABLE we'd love to test
them live.

So this is a beg... if the relevant committers are out here, can that
MFC go through soon? Or if it can't, or I'm reading the logs wrong,
please explain.

Thanks in advance.