em(4): 4-port Intel Pro/1000 PF card not detected

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:58:48 UTC 2010

Well, if the system doesnt show the hardware in a PCI scan there isn't much
my driver can do :)

The last line in your log says 'eth0', what's that about?

You could try booting 8.1 64 bit, you can also send me all the details about
the board, just to
make sure I can get the exact one and then I'll try it here. This is quad
port fiber, right? I was
thinking this was PCI ID 0x1527, 82580 adapter.  The support is in HEAD now.

Regards,

Jack