em(4): 4-port Intel Pro/1000 PF card not detected

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:24:01 UTC 2010

UH, did you do that with the adapter in the system?? I do not see the ID I
expected
to see. Some reason you're running 32 bit??

Can you run the pciconf with the adapter in and out, compare and tell me
what its
ID is?  All the unidentified devices I see are in the 0x3XXX range and those
are not
network devices.

Maybe its a bad slot?

Jack