[patch] WOL support for nfe(4)

Yamagi Burmeister lists at yamagi.org
Wed Nov 10 15:44:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Ian Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 10:01:36PM +0100, Yamagi Burmeister wrote:
> > > On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> [..]
> > >
> > > Okay, It thought that S3 is required. Put the box into S1, waited some
> > > minutes and send the magic packet. The video didn't resume but I was
> > > able to login via SSH. So waking up by sending the WOL magic packet
> > > works.
> > >

> > Thanks for testing. Probably you want to poke jkim@ to address
> > video resume issue.
>
> It _may_ be just a matter of toggling the value of hw.acpi.reset_video ?

No, it doesn't. But... This is a ~5 years old die hard server board.
Those machines a running headless, only this test box has a graphics
adapter plugged into it. Not even a new one, but an old Geforce FX 5300
PCIe which isn't supported by nVidia any more. The manpower required to
get this working is better spend on other ACPI tasks or modern hardware.

--
Homepage:     www.yamagi.org
Jabber:       yamagi at yamagi.org
GnuPG/GPG:    0xEFBCCBCB