net.inet.tcp.slowstart_flightsize in 8-STABLE

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 7 06:32:55 UTC 2010

On 11/03/10 09:30, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> On 02.11.2010 01:11, Maxim Dounin wrote:
>> Hello!

>>> Thanks for the reminder.  I'll disable priming CWND from hostcache.
>>
>> Ping again.
>>
>> I would like to see the patch in question[1] committed and MFC'ed
>> somewhere before 8.2.
>>
>> Andre, if you are just too busy to do it yourself - please say so,
>> I'll ask somebody else to commit it.
>
> Thanks for the reminder.  After EuroBSDCon Developer Summit I was
> busy with other work and most of my tcp work was stalled due to
> review bandwidth issues.

Sorry for the review bandwidth issues. I'm only just managing to keep my
head above water at the moment and have had to reduce much of my FreeBSD
work to a trickle.

> Lawrence, could you please spare a few seconds and take a quick look
> at the attached patch?

The patch looks fine, please commit. I hope to give the hostcache some
TLC at some point, but in the meantime it's fine to ignore cached cwnd.

Cheers,
Lawrence