kern/150920: [ixgbe][igb] Panic when packets are dropped with header split disabled

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Tue Nov 2 10:20:09 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/150920; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Grosbein <egrosbein at rdtc.ru>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Cc: jfv at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/150920: [ixgbe][igb] Panic when packets are dropped with
 header split disabled
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 15:41:39 +0600

 This problem seems to be fixed in sys/dev/e1000/if_igb.c,v1.60
 but not in STABLE (there were no MFC yet).

 By the way, I'm experiencing kernel panics in em(4)
 for two distinct very loaded routers based on em-supported NICs
 (no crashdumps collected yet, sorry). And I see very similar code
 in if_em.c without a check for NULL pointer before dereferencing,
 this time without a fix even in HEAD.

 Eugene Grosbein