panic: rtqkill route really not free on freebsd 8.0-release

Chao Shin quakelee at geekcn.org
Fri May 28 17:36:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have four heavy load mysql database servers which system is 8.0-release
got "panic: rtqkill route really not free" this week. We have a gateway
set up by OpenBSD have a icmp route redirect function between two subnets,
I suspect the FreeBSD panic at trying to delete routes sent from that
gateway.

So I set sysctl net.inet.icmp.drop_redirect=1, no more panic in past 24
hours.
I guess maybe miss some locks or wrong delete route path in 8.0-release.

Did any one meet this problem before?

--
The Power to Serve