Crashes with ixgbe on FreeBSD 8

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed May 26 20:00:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:03 -0700, I wrote:

> /usr/src/sys/dev/ixgbe/ixgbe.c:833: warning: implicit declaration of function 'drbr_needs_enqueue'

So, I've now simply copied that function over and, indeed, that not
only compiles but gives me a working 2.2.0 driver, enabling me to
capture traffic in a stable fashion as far as I can tell so far ...

My question: is simply pasting this function into RELEASE a
reasonable fix, or am I missing out on further changes and am thus
getting myself into trouble in some form?

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org