Crashes with ixgbe on FreeBSD 8

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed May 19 16:20:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 22:28 -0700, you wrote:

> Yes, download the latest code, oh hmmm, can  you install STABLE,
> because there's one small issue that will cause a problem on 8 REL,
> but if that's a big problem I can also give you a patch so it will work.

Jack, thanks for the reply. I could upgrade to STABLE but I as I
have quite a number of machines in my setup (and not not all of them
need the driver) I would prefer to stay with RELEASE if that is an
option. So if you could send me a patch, that would be very helpful.

> What I'd like to see you try is the newest code that I checked into
> HEAD today, that's what I am planning for 8.1 and I want as much
> testing as I can get anyway.

Sure, I'd be happy to try that. Can this be back-ported to RELEASE
as well or does it need HEAD?

Thanks!

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org