Questions about NFS and NTFS

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Mon May 17 19:31:26 UTC 2010

On 05/16/2010 23:21, dave jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I mount ntfs partition(/dev/ad4s3) using fuse-ntfs on FreeBSD and want
> to export it via NFS
> with no luck:
>
> # mount_ntfs-3g /dev/ad4s3 /wxp
> # cat /etc/exports
> /wxp -alldirs -maproot=root -network 192.168.1/24

>From this I assume that the exports line was either already in the
exports file or you added it after you mounted the NTFS volume. Also
that you have all the required daemons running (rpcbind, mountd, nfsd).

> # mount_nfs 192.168.1.1:/wxp /mnt
> [tcp] 192.168.1.1:/wxp: Permission denined

I assume you run this command on the client machine & you have rpcbind
running.

> Any idea how to solve it? Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Dave.

If the above assumptions are correct then a simple 'pkill -HUP mountd'
as root should solve the problem.

If that does not then I recommend restarting the daemons on the server
in the following order.

service rpcbind restart ;services nfsd restart ;service mountd restart

Good luck,

--

 jhell