IPv6 Mobility through a FreeBSD Router

Loren M. Lang lorenl at north-winds.org
Thu May 6 23:25:42 UTC 2010

I have a Linux server acting as a Home Agent for IPv6 Mobility and a
separate Linux client acting as a Mobile Node with a FreeBSD 7.2 router
in-between.  The FreeBSD router itself is not participating in mobility,
it's just the Foreign Router that the Mobile Node happens to be attached
to.  When I initiate IPv6 Mobility on the Linux client I see it sending
out IPv6 Mobility Binding Updates to the Home Agent and I see Binding
Acknowledgements coming back in on the outside interface of the FreeBSD
router, but they don't appear on the inside interface as if FreeBSD is
refusing to route them.  The only difference is that Binding
Acknowledgements use a Type 2 Mobility Routing Header.  Does FreeBSD
drop all IPv6 packets using a Routing Header even when it's not Type 0
and not destined for FreeBSD?
--
Loren M. Lang
lorenl at north-winds.org
http://www.north-winds.org/

Public Key: ftp://ftp.north-winds.org/pub/lorenl_pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 10A0 7AE2 DAF5 4780 888A  3FA4 DCEE BB39 7654 DE5B