kern/144492: [fxp] The fxp driver does not handle Frame Check Sequence (CRC) errors correctly.

yongari at FreeBSD.org yongari at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 8 18:47:11 UTC 2010

Synopsis: [fxp] The fxp driver does not handle Frame Check Sequence (CRC) errors correctly.

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yongari
State-Changed-When: Mon Mar 8 18:46:31 UTC 2010
State-Changed-Why:
I don't think 7.1-RELEASE has enhancements made by me so it may
have some edge cases. But the description looks odd. Would you
elaborate what's your problem on fxp(4)?
fxp(4) driver drops frames with CRC errors(e.g. FCS errors) so you
can't even see these frames with bpf(4)? Also show me the output of
"pciconf -lcbv".

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-net->yongari
Responsible-Changed-By: yongari
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Mar 8 18:46:31 UTC 2010
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Take.