kern/141646: [em] em(4) + lagg(4) + vlan(4) generates ISL-tagged frames instead of 802.1q-tagged frames

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:47:41 UTC 2010

What's with the encrypted messages entered in this bug suddenly?

An important update - I have root caused this. Turns out its kinda
interesting.
The reason there is a problem is due to the stacked pseudo devices, since
the vlan device is on lagg, and not directly on em, the em driver is not
getting
the "event" of the vlan attachment, and thus the vlan hw filter routine is
never
run, that routine sets a CRITICAL bit in the control register which
differentiates
between ISL and 802 tags... and thus our failure :(

The question now is what to do about this, I am thinking about this now....

Jack