Anyone working on RNDIS support?

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Thu Jan 28 23:08:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 07:19:05PM +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Bruce Simpson wrote:
> >Is anyone out there working on RNDIS driver support for FreeBSD?
> >
> >Just interested if anyone is doing it; the only RNDIS device I have is
> >my cable modem (which already has an Ethernet port), however, we are
> >seeing more Wi-Fi and DSL devices with USB RNDIS, and it would be great
> >to have this support.
>
> RNDIS is also used by Windows Mobile PDAs for USB connectivity. If
> somebody wants to work on this, I am ready do be an alpha-tester.
> Existing BT PAN interface I am using now is cool, but not very
> power-effective.

Is there anything new about this topic?
I just tried out contiki on AVR raven devkit.
I was surprised when I noticed that the documentation said nothing
special about running on Linux and my first thought was CDC ethernet.
Now I know they implemented RNDIS support.
The nice thing about it is that this USB device has open source.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de