MROUTED: Problem with vif installation

Nazeem نجم لدين nazeemnss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 07:23:12 UTC 2010

I have build the kernel with MROUTING option. Cause without it mrouted does
not execute. But is this a problem with the tunnel creation as it says
setsockopt MRT_ADD_VIF operation not permitted.

The machine I use has 2 NICs. I have also enabled gateway "YES".

I am trying to setup a multicast tunnel using mrouted. Anything I am missing
or gone wrong? Is a tunnel to be setup in some other way first?

-Nazeem