Problems getting lagg to balance using lacp

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 15:26:03 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shteryana Shopova" <syrinx at FreeBSD.org>

> What types of traffic streams are you testing this with? if_lagg will
> use the SRC/DST MACs and IP addresses for IP traffic to decide which
> member port of the lagg to sent the traffic out to, balancing of
> incoming traffic should be done by the Cisco on the same principle.
> Try a different laggproto for the if_lagg interface e.g. roundrobin
> with channel-group <number> mode on set on the switchports.

I was testing with iperf to and from two other machines on the network.

If I tested with one machine I got 1g throughput, with 2 machines I
got ~500Mbps on each, for both inbound and outbound on em1.

== laggproto lacp + channel-group 2 mode active ==
Got the same with both inbound and outbound connection

== laggproto fec + channel-group 2 mode on ==
Got the same with both inbound and outbound connection

== laggproto loadbalance + channel-group 2 mode on ==
Got the same with both inbound and outbound connection

== laggproto roundrobin + channel-group 2 mode on ==,
Instead of 1Gbps throughput on one interface I get 500Mbps on each for
outbound only still no change with inbound.

Any other ideas?

    Regards
    Steve