freeBSD8.0 multicast routing problem

iprebeg at freebsd.org iprebeg at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 26 08:59:37 UTC 2010

Honestly, I never gave many credits to mrouted. I do all testing of my
mcast stuff with xorp. If you want, I'll send you some examples of
config.boot files for xorp, they can look mess if you use it for
first time.

If you want to stick with mrouted, can you describe your problem with a
bit more details? What do you use to generate mcast traffic? What
happens with it and what not? There are lot of stuff which can go wrong
here. Maybe first one which you can look at is wheather your outgoing
packets have TTL > 1 and increase it properly. That happened to me with
mcast-tools (mcastsend & mcastrecv).