bin/142547: wpa_supplicant(8) drops connection on key renegotiation

Kevin Dorne sweetpea-freebsd at tentacle.net
Tue Jan 19 06:40:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR bin/142547; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kevin Dorne <sweetpea-freebsd at tentacle.net>
To: James McNaughton <jtmcnaughton at yahoo.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: bin/142547: wpa_supplicant(8) drops connection on key
 renegotiation
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:31:18 -0800

 On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:23:16PM -0800, James McNaughton wrote:
 > I have observed the same behavior on 7-STABLE built from source 1/18/10.
 >
 > Another workaround which doesn't take down the link is:
 > wpa_cli reassociate

 Ah, a much better solution.  Thanks!

 The problems directly coincide with the "TKIP ICV mismatch on decrypt"
 messages.  When they are appearing in the log, I have no network.  When
 they stop showing up (after reassociate, on boot, or after restarting
 the interface), the network works fine.