Interested in contributing towards the items in Wiki

Balaji G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:11:18 UTC 2010

Hi Leena

>Balaji , you can take topic of your interest & start working on it.

Thanks for your reply. Yes for sure i could do it but i need some more
information for the tasks and if i could get in touch with the maintainers
it would be nice so that i could get more information on the tasks and i
could start up with the work on what exactly needs to be done for that
activity.  I am relatively new to FreeBSD though i know some bit of L3
kernel code so could start with relatively smaller tasks and would get into
the bigger things moving forward.

> for that first you need to have a test setup for testing your code.

 I just have one system running Linux in the host and i have 2 VMs running
FreeBSD 7.2 and FreeBSD 8.0 with custom kernel compiled which i have for
testing some ECMP stuff. I am currently downloading FreeBSD 9.0 so that i
could install that in an other VM so i would have 3 VMs running FreeBSD.  I
could do the work and do some basic testing with the VM and send the patch
out and others could do some more testing and if there is something more to
be done, i could do it based on the comments i get.

Let me know your thoughts and inputs.

Thanks,
Cheers,
   - Balaji