Question about MFC for 194760,194813, etc. (ifaddr races)

Andrew Boyer aboyer at averesystems.com
Tue Feb 2 15:26:40 UTC 2010

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=194760

Hello all,
We are currently working with the FreeBSD 7.1 release code as the foundation for our product.  The other day I experienced a kernel panic when an ifaddr race condition caused a use-after-free error.  It looks like SVN commits 194760, 194813, 194819, etc. address this issue.  The original commit message for 194760 says "MFC after: 6 weeks (portions)", but I don't see anything to indicate that the fixes were ever merged back.

Is anyone planning / willing to merge this back into the 7.X branches?  We would very much appreciate it.  It looks like there are about two dozen related commits and the diffs don't apply cleanly for me.  If it has diverged too much we'll just have to wait until we sync up with 8.0 later this year.

Thanks,
 Andrew

Andrew Boyer	aboyer at averesystems.com