kern/124753: [ieee80211] net80211 discards power-save queue packets early

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 4 00:34:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

Ok. This looks somewhat straight-forward to diagnose and debug.

I don't however have any devices to reproduce this with.

Would someone please describe -exactly- what device(s) I need to try
and acquire to reproduce this behaviour?
Or if you have it happening for you, would you please do a tcpdump on
the wifi interface and capture all of the radio frames in question?
I'd like to see how often it's sending power save mgmt frames.

tcpdump -ni wlan0 -y IEEE802_11_RADIO captures the frames. Please take
a snapshot:

# tcpdump -s 0 -v -w pcap.out -ni wlan0 -y IEEE802_11_RADIO

Thanks!

Adrian