EHOSTUNREACH returned for refused IPv6 connection

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Dec 1 21:58:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:40:16 +0000 (UTC)
"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> Your connectivity to there seems to be foobared if you'd ask me as:

Sorry, you're right: I forgot I don't have my tunnel setup so there's no
external IPv6 connectivity (I don't have an IPv6 network configured at
the moment at all). What confused me initially was the fact that ssh
displays the "No route to host" error instead of "Connection refused"
when both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are available but only IPv4 works.

--
Bruce Cran