kern/149285: [ste] Permanent DOWN/UP network interface ste0 on 8.1-RELEASE

yongari at FreeBSD.org yongari at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 4 23:50:47 UTC 2010

Synopsis: [ste] Permanent DOWN/UP network interface ste0 on 8.1-RELEASE

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yongari
State-Changed-When: Wed Aug 4 23:49:17 UTC 2010
State-Changed-Why:
I don't think this regression was caused by ste(4) overhauling. The
message is printed by mii(4) layer to note link state changes. I
have no idea how this does not happen on 8.0-RELEASE though as it
has nothing to do with ste(4). But after ste(4) overhauling, ste(4)
now correctly keeps track of current reported link state such that it
wouldn't try to send packets if it know link is in DOWN state.

Would you show me the output of "devinfo -rv | grep phy" both
8.1-RELEASE and 8.0-RELEASE?

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-net->yongari
Responsible-Changed-By: yongari
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Aug 4 23:49:17 UTC 2010
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Grab.